Bizafin Consulting Services – Our client, a well established Oil & Gas Company based in Lagos State, requires the services of an experienced individual to occupy the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
- To develop best practice HSE systems and procedures, strategic plans and programmes to comply with Corporate, Government and Company requirements.
- To establish standards and targets, monitor and report on progress and achievements made.
- To recommend corrective actions and implement controls to ensure achievement of plans, standards and targets.
- Ensure necessary safety and accident prevention equipment is specified, and that training for designated employees is available.
- To Ensure accident and emergency procedures are properly documented, exercised and carried out in all instances, and that all necessary certifications are held by staff authorized to act within HSE requirements
- To personally monitor, inspect and evaluate all aspects of HSE activity and performance. Take actions and make recommendations as appropriate.
- To Control and manage HSE Consultants and Contractors to ensure cost effective and efficient service to Premier.
- To remain up-to-date with all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental practice.
- To Liaise with Government Officials as appropriate and with other Company Managers on matters of common interest. Participate in industry and special interest groups on related HSE matters.
- To Ensures that all business activities conducted within the team comply with legal, Government Officials as appropriate, and Company requirements.
- To Facilitate the Monthly Management HSE action committee on behalf of all staff and in pursuit of process and occupational HSE excellence.
- To ensure incidents are correctly rated in terms of Severity and High Potential rating. Ensure corrective actions are set and undertaken by line management.
- To Support the HSE Manager in ensuring HSE compliance offshore.
- To attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- To assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- To Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the Regional HSE Manager for promulgation to the management
- To provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested
- To assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures
- To conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all new employees.
- To ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- To support offshore HSE personnels in the development of work site HSE campaigns and good practices.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, or an HSE discipline.
- Membership of relevant professional and industry associations.
- Minimum 3 – 7 years experiences in the oil and gas industry.
- Have previously managed and developed staff both on and offshore.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Highly computer literate with MS Office products, and engineering software.
- Passionate about health and safety in the workplace.
- Interpersonal skills are critical in dealing with senior management committee members and in developing the HSE team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume. You can send applications to email@example.com