Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 years
Job Purpose: The environmental Officer maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures of the health care center. The position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility. The position distributes and tracks clean linens to user departments and maintains stock levels on nursing floors. The position follows standard practices and procedures and complies with regulatory requirements.
• Dusts furniture, woodwork and equipment and dust-mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
• Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, snow blowers, shampooers and related environmental service equipment.
• Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
• Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other high areas using a ladder.
• Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags or containers.
• Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
• Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
• Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new occupants; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
• Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
• Makes supply packs for departments and puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Takes supply requests and delivers them.
• Delivers linens to departments according to pre-established par levels and schedules. Distributes emergency supplies as needed.
• Keeps records of linen distribution by department; checks floor linens supplies and lists linen use by department.
• Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
• Shovels snow at all exits and ramps.
• Assists with evacuations, when needed.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Organizational Skills.
• Time Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in environmental duties in an educational setting.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.