Millard Fuller Foundation – A housing organisation with international affiliation, based in Masaka (near Abuja), is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
- We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee our new facilities management & maintenance unit, growing it into a full-fledged company of its own. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
- The goal is to ensure our newly built residential estates run safely and problem-free after construction so that residents are able to optimally enjoy their new environments.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Liaise with the Residents Association to implement the facilities management strategy
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (security men, gardeners, technicians etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
Min Required Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility Management, Engineering, Business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letters use the Job title as the subject of your email.
- Kindly state your current salary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.